Data Privacy Overview (EU)
(Applicable to users/customers whilst being in the European Union wishing to access our Services)
Our Privacy Notice was last updated on 11 Dec 2019
The controller responsible for the personal data we hold about you
We/Golden Paradise Limited (Show 8) (see note below) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy.
This gives an overview of our Privacy Notice on how we collect use disclose transfer and store your personal data while you are in the European Union (“EU”). To incorporate the new privacy law under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which came into effect on 25 May 2018 (Data Privacy Law), we are working towards enhancing our systems to meet these changes as they may be applicable in relation to those users/customers who access our products or services whilst they are in the EU.
Golden paradise Limited is the controller responsible for the Website, the Service (as defined in the Introduction paragraph of the Full Privacy Notice), and for the personal information we collect use and hold about you as data controller (controller).
Note: Show 8 is a service provided by Golden Paradise Limited (a company incorporated in Hong Kong).
- Data Privacy Law and our approach towards protecting your personal information
- Your personal information and the Purposes for which we use your personal information
- International transfers
- Accessing correcting or updating your personal information
- Your Legal Rights
- Contact Us and further information
1. Data Privacy Law and our approach towards protecting your personal information
The Data Privacy Law protects your privacy and ensures that the personal information that we hold about you is processed fairly and lawfully.
Personal information is data that can identify you, such as your name, address, and contractual details. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We are obliged to observe the six Data Privacy Law principles when we collect use disclose transfer and store your personal information to ensure the data shall be :-
- processed lawfully, fairly and transparently;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- accurate and kept up to date;
- kept in a form which permits identification of the individual for no longer than is necessary;
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
2. Your personal information and the Purposes for which we use your personal information
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following different kinds of personal data about you: Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data, Transaction Data, Technical Data, Profile Data, Usage Data, Marketing and Communications Data.
We explain these categories of data in Section B (The information use collect about you) of our Full Privacy Notice click here.
We use different methods to collect data about you, which are explained in Section C (How is your personal data collected) of the Full Privacy Notice click here.
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Personal information which you provide to us or we collect from you or from a third party will be kept securely and will be used for purposes stated when the information is collected. For examples, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to progress financial transactions.
- To allow statistical analysis of information so we can plan the provision of Service:-
- we will retain your transaction history and use details of the product(s) you have previously purchased to make suggestions to you for other product(s) that we believe would also be of interest to you.
- we will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our Website and how you move around different web pages (and how you use our Service) for analytic purposes to understand how you use our Website and/or Service so that we can make the Website (and Service) more intuitive.
- we will keep a record of content(s) that you have clicked on via the Service, watched, or subscribed and use that information to target advertising to you that is relevant to your interests, which we have identified based on such information.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Please see the table below paragraph 1.4 of Section D (How we use your personal data) and click here to learn more about what we mean by legitimate interests and when we process your data for our legitimate interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Please click here (i.e. paragraph 1.4 Section D of the Full Privacy Notice) to learn more about the ‘purposes’ for which we may use your personal information when we process your data.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you. Please see paragraph 2, Section D (how we use your personal data) of the Full Privacy Notice for further details by clicking here.
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract or subscription we have with you and you decline to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In such event, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
For a description of the purposes we plan to use your personal information, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so, and what our lawful basis/legitimate interests are where appropriate are set out in the table below paragraph 1.4, Section D (How we use your personal data) of the Full Privacy Notice, please click here.
3. International transfers
4. Accessing, correcting or updating your personal information
You can access correct delete modify or update your registration, personal information and marketing preferences by:
- Log onto your user account via the Show 8 mobile app or Website at www.show8.com.
- Emailing our ‘Data Protection Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data privacy laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant competent ‘supervisory authority’ in the EU for data protection issues under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (Data Privacy Law). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns by contacting us (email@example.com) before you approach the supervisory authority so please contact us in the first instance.
You are entitled to:
- Find out what personal information we hold about you,
- Ask for out of date or inaccurate data to be updated, corrected, erased, or destroyed,
- Request that we do not use personal information to send you marketing information,
- Request that decisions about you are not made solely by an automated process,
- Request that we provide a copy of personal data you have provided to us and in a format which will allow you to transfer the data to another data controller,
- Request that we cease to process (or suspend processing) your data if you believe that the processing will cause you harm or distress
More detail can be found in Section I (Your legal rights) of our Full Privacy Notice, please click here.
If you wish to exercise your legal rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: for the attention of the Data Protection Team at Golden Paradise Limited, 19th Floor, Leighton Centre, 77 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Please contact us immediately should you have reason to believe that the security of any of your account with us might have been compromised.
For more information on how we process your personal data including on data security, data retention and lawful processing bases, please access and see Sections G (Data Security) please click here and H (Data Retention) please click here of our Full Privacy Notice.