PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT FOR SHOW 8 (“PICS”)
1. This PICS applies only to information submitted and collected through your registration, access and use of Show 8 service (“Show 8”), or through downloading, installing, logging in or use of Show 8 application (“our App”) or site (“our Site”) or any part thereof, including any of the supplement, amendment, update, upgrade and online services (collectively “our Service”) provided by Golden Paradise Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”). By submitting your personal identifiable information, you agree to this PICS, as amended from time to time. This PICS is incorporated into and forms part of our General Terms of Service (“TOS”).
2. We regularly review this PICS and may from time to time update its terms and conditions on our App and/or Site. By continuing to use our Service after any amendments to this PICS, you are agreeing to this PICS as revised, so please do visit our App and/or Site periodically for updates.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. You must provide current, accurate and correct information (including personal information) as required in our registration form in order to register as our user before accessing and/or use of our Service. It is also the case that data relating to your use of our Service are collected from you when you use our Service.
4. Personal information that we may collect from you includes (a) information you provide when you register to be a user of our Service or enroll our courses, including your salutation, first name and surname, address, telephone numbers, gender, email address, identification card number and/or copy, year and month of birth, username and password, and payment information such as bank account and credit card information; (b) information you provide to us when you use our Service including messages and comments sent by you, images or videos uploaded or contributed by you; (c) information you provide to our customer service and support or during other customer communications; (d) information about your computer, phone or other web enabled device (collectively, the “Device”), which may include mobile app token, the types and configurations of browsers, language settings, geo-location and location of your device, device type/manufacturer, Internet Protocol (IP) address (and domain names), operating system type and version, network type, and Internet service providers; (e) information about your usage of our Service, which may include the time/duration and the contents and pages visited or our Service used (access log); and (f) Device identifiers such as iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, etc., information about ads served, viewed, or clicked on, such as the type of ad, where the ad was served, whether you clicked on it, etc. (see below PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR SERVING AND PERSONALIZE ADVERTISING). If you use Facebook to register or log in to our Service (or later connect to your user account), you authorize Facebook to share your personal information with us, including any public information when you register with Facebook. Similarly, if you use other third-party social networks to log in to our Service, we will collect information that you agree to provide, such as your name, user ID / URL, profile picture, age, friends list, authorized language and / or geographical location.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
5. It is entirely voluntary for you to provide personal information, but if you want us to process your application or registration to our Service, you must provide to us the personal information marked as “mandatory”. Personal information provided by you will be used by us for the following purposes and any purposes related to and/or for the furtherance of any of these purposes (collectively “Purposes”):
- application, administration, continuation and termination of the use of our Service;
- enabling the provision of our Service;
- processing and completing transactions requested by you;
- providing you with news, notices and other communications of our Service such as features, content, technical notices, updates, security alerts, etc.;
- conducting credit reference checks;
- processing billing and payment, determining amounts outstanding, and, if necessary, collection of outstanding payments;
- enabling the daily operation of and managing your user’s accounts in relation to our Service;
- handling and following up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- verification of your identity;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure to any governmental authority in Hong Kong and overseas jurisdictions under the requirements of any law binding on us;
- enabling us to provide other services better tailored to your needs;
- enabling us to provide you with the most effective service in different locations, devices, connectivity and situations;
- helping us to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service;
- enabling us to detect, investigate and/or prevent unauthorized or illegal activities;
- conducting research in relation to our Service provided by us;
- enabling us to better understand the demographics of our users;
- performing statistical analysis of your behavior and interest in any service provided by us;
- customer profiling and analyzing your consumption preferences;
- enabling you to participate in interactive features of our service, including identifying your friends or individuals, and sharing and communicating with them your consumption experience, when you choose to do so;
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Service or goods and services that may interest you or them; and
- Ad serving and personalize advertising purpose (see PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR SERVING AND PERSONALIZE ADVERTISING at paragraph 8)
- any other purposes as may be agreed by you from time to time.
6. You warrant to: (a) provide us true, accurate, current and complete personal information about
yourself; and (b) update the foregoing information from time to time. We may suspend or terminate your user account or refuse your access to our Service or any part thereof without notice if we suspect that you have breached this provision.
7. If it becomes necessary that we have to take action against you for any reason whatsoever
including without limitation recovering from you any money you owe us, you expressly agree that the personal information provided by you can be relied upon in identifying and taking legal action against you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR SERVING AND PERSONALIZED ADVERTISING
8. We may use personal information we collect about you (see Paragraph 4 above) for the following purposes:
- Serving Ads: to offer advertising inventory in our Service;
- Interest-Based Advertising: to infer what you may be interested in and to serve ads to you based on these inferred interests;
- Geo-Targeting: to serve ads based on your current or prior location;
- Reporting: to measure Ad performance and to report aggregate statistics to advertising partners;
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: Identifying invalid clicks (or ad queries) and preventing fraudulent behavior; and
- Providing and Operating the Service: Auditing, researching, and analyzing data in order to maintain, protect, and improve the Service, and to ensure that our technologies function properly.
9. We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
- We disclose personal information to advertising partners so that they can decide whether to bid on ad inventory or serve an advertisement and choose the best Ad for you, subject to compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- We disclose personal information to governmental authorities or other third parties assisting us detecting, investigating, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, security, or technical issues.
- We disclose aggregate information to advertising partners to help them measure the effectiveness and value of the Service. For example, we provide advertising partners with reports showing how many users viewed or clicked on their Ads.
10. Opt Out: if we provide personalized advertisements to you, you can opt out of receiving personalized advertising by following instructions on our Service setting. If you choose not to receive personalized advertisement. we or our advertising partners will honour your preference by only serving contextual advertisements in response to such ad requests, and prohibits the use of any data contained in this opt out request to serve personalized advertising or to create a profile of the user or device.
11. We do not permit our Service to be used to collect information of children under the age of 13 for purposes of personalized advertising.
12. While we will take all practicable and reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized or accidental access, disclosure, misuse or processing, or from alteration, destruction or loss, we may transfer/assign such information to the following parties:
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee or successor of or to our rights in respect of your personal information if we decide to sell any relevant part of business;
- any agents, suppliers, contractors, professional advisors, insurers, other network operators or third party service providers who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services to us and/or the relevant service(s) in connection with our Service;
- any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirement of any law binding on us or for the purposes of any guidelines or codes of practice issued by regulatory or other authorities with which we are expected to comply;
- governmental authorities or other third parties assisting us detecting, investigating, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, security, or technical issues.
- the purposes listed in PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR SERVING AND PERSONALIZE ADVERTISING at paragraph 9.
14. If necessary, we may transfer your personal information to places outside Hong Kong for carrying out the Purposes (or the directly related purposes) specified above, for which the personal information were collected. Where such a transfer is performed, it will be done in compliance with the prevailing requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of Hong Kong.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN DIRECT MARKETING
15. We intend to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, and we may not so use your personal information unless we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection). Subject to your consent, we may use your salutation, first name and surname, address, telephone numbers, gender, age, email address, and record of use of our Service for marketing of the following services and products:
- our products and services and/or the products and services of any company within the TVB Group;
- news, rewards, promotions and events related to or offered by us and/or the TVB Group, such as Television Broadcasts Limited, Shaw Brothers Pictures International Limited, MyTV
Super Limited, TVB Anywhere Limited and Big Big Channel Limited;
- joint promotion, rewards and events with merchants and business partners or other third
parties offering discount and other benefits to users of our Service, from and in relation to goods and services of or relating to the following industries: entertainment, media and public relations, telecommunications, retail, leisure and sports, food and beverage, transportation and tourism, software and games, education, environmental, health and wellness, non-profit, information technology, social networking, parenting, financial and property.
16. If you do not wish us to use your personal data for direct marketing at any time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall remove your personal data from our archive within fourteen (14) days after we receive your notification.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
18. Except as provided in paragraphs 9, 12-14 above, your personal information will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorized to do so. Employees and contractors designated to handle personal information will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this PICS. We have implemented reasonable security measures to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
19. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which such information was collected. We will then destroy such information unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
ACCESS TO AND UPDATE OF PERSONAL DATA
20. You may at any time:
a. request access to and correct personal information relating to you in any of our records;
b. ask us to remove your personal information from any active mailing or distribution list; or
c. cease to use your personal information and terminate your use of our Service subject to our TOS.
21. To exercise any of your foregoing rights, please email us at email@example.com marking your communication “Confidential” and specifying our Service that you have registered. In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can be sure you are the person to whom the personal data refers. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing such access requests.
22. Our Service may include links to other services or sites. This PICS applies to our Service only. You are exposed to cookies that are not our responsibility when you access to linked sites or other services, and any information you submit to linked sites or other services will be subject to the privacy policies of those sites or services (if any). You are advised to review the relevant policies carefully before providing any information to those linked sites or services.
23. If you wish to contact us directly, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information, other than the personal information that you send through this email, will not be considered or treated as confidential information. Do not send us through this email any information, ideas, suggestions, proposals or comments that you consider confidential or that you want to be treated as confidential.
24. Your telephone conversations with our staff may be recorded, retained and used as evidence by us without further notice.
25. If any part of this PICS shall be deemed unlawful or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from this PICS and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provision of this PICS.
26. This PICS shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. Disputes arising here from shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
27. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese version of this PICS, the English version shall prevail.
Last Update: 11 Dec 2019